06 September 2010

Big Sky

Not to overwhelm with skyscapes but the Fall sunsets have arrived a little early and I cannot resist them.

I know it isn't even Fall yet but the sunsets here at Dancing Deer are already just gorgeous. I don't know why they are so beautiful at this location. Although, I suspect it has something to do with the altitude and the position of the sun as it moves south.

Light is pretty extreme up here in northwestern Montana. Each year, at the extremes, we go from eight hours of darkness to just eight hours of sunlight. But the visual trip between these two extremes is always awesome. Hm, I wonder if I coulda used extreme any more times in two sentences. :)










The scenery around here is so incredible I often think I am actually living in a painting.

©Kinsey Barnard Photography

2 comments:

Dave said...

Lovely photos, as usual.

Anonymous said...

I really don't know what to say other than you are certainly fortunate to be able to see so much beauty so much of the time.