07 September 2011

Photographing Sunsets and Clouds

The other evening, just for fun, I photographed some sunsets and clouds as seen from my home. I sometimes remark how I am blessed with, what I consider, extraordinary sunsets and other celestial delights here on the mountain.

On those occasions when I do the other person usually exclaims me too! But, I think not. Light and it's angle are a photographers boon and bane. There is something quite unique about the lighting here and I believe it has to do with the elevation. The light and clouds seem to intersect with my position in such a way as to produce truly amazing celestial landscapes. The camera does not always do justice to the things that I see but from the images below you can get the jist.


©Kinsey Barnard










And then, of course there was the moon.

No comments: