29 April 2016

Blue Mountain Bed & Breakfast - Missoula

A couple of year s ago or so I started a conversation with Elaine at Blue Mountain Bed & Breakfast on Twitter, although at the time I didn't know it was Elaine I was chatting with. We found each other because Montana people like to meet and support other Montana people, we're funny that way. If it's made in Montana we're for it.

Anywayz, Elaine thought we should come down for a visit but we usually travel in Clementine, our RV, because I'm a dog. Good news! Blue Mountain BB has a dog friendly room! So, I said we would do just that. It took me a couple of years to get Kinsey on board but this week we made the trek and are glad we did.

The home sits high up on the mountain over looking Missoula off to the north and Bitterroot Valley off to the south. The Bitterroot River flows along directly below.


Entrance to Blue Mountain BB

Everywhere you look it is clear that this is a home where animals and all things natural are welcome guests. Oh, people are welcome too but can only to speak from my perspective.

We had a lovely room with lodge furnishings and playful bears hanging around everywhere.

Elaine and Brady run the place. I have to take Kinsey's word for it but she said the breakfasts, Brady is the chef, were to die for, real gourmet fare. Kinsey wishes she had taken photos of them. You can find lots more photos and info on their website.

Dining and living area
If you are coming to Missoula and the Bitterroot area you should check this place out for sure. If you do, tell them Molly Montana sent you. I'm not sure if this will get you a warm welcome or a boot in the butt but I did try to be a good guest!

If you are looking for good old fashioned Montana hospitality you couldn't go wrong at Blue Mountain Bed & Breakfast. If you have never been to the Bitterroot Valley, take it from me, it's a hikers paradise. More on hiking in the next episode.

Until next time,
Molly Montana

©Kinsey Barnard


No comments: