02 April 2008

COUNTRY ROADS TAKE ME HOME




At last we are headed home! Mom is driving me nuts though because she cannot stop singing Country Roads and you outta hear her try and carry a tune! John Denver would have a heart attack. But, it's ok because my mountain mama is taking me home.

First I want to say how much we enjoyed our time in Florence and appreciate the new friends that we made. There was Paulie at the Pacific Pines RV park. If you are RV'ing through Florence, I highly recommend this park. It's like a home away from home for us now. Thank you Paulie!

Then there were Glen & Keith at the Dunham RV Service Center. These two guys were princes to work with and treated my mom really well and did great work. Believe me some of these RV places treat people like last weeks lunch. Thank you guys!

And a great big thanks to Virgie, Bill and Patrick at the Bill Roberts sign shop. They were the ones that did the sign work on Clementine and Shadow and made me look so handsome. Well, really they had a lot to work with! :)

And, last but certainly not least thank you to my friend Buddy. The little runt is a weenie dog and he bit me! Can you imagine? :) And a VERY special thanks to Buddy's mother Marilyn who drove us all over the place. It's that "blowing the coat" time of year and I left an incredible deposit of hair in the back of her SUV. She was extremely gracious about it! You don't know what shedding is until you see a husky blow its coat!

We left Florence a little late in the day and only got as far as The Locks along the Columbia River. We are headed for Spokane where we will wait for good weather and clear roads. Since our ranch is at nearly 4,000 ft. we may not be able to get all the way home. But, I don't care. We are headed in the right direction!

©Kinsey Barnard Photography

3 comments:

Cozy Home Cottage said...

Hello, Kinsey and Kotey,
The photo of the falls is GORGEOUS. I am Charlotte from Cozy Home Designs (Xing)I just wanted to stop by your blog and say "Hello". I am also a big John Denver fan (do I ever miss him)and, being from WV, the song you mention is my favorite. I would like to know if you have ever visited our state. We have loads of natural beauty here--lots of photo ops.
Charlotte

Walker said...

Hello Charlotte!

Country Roads is one of my favorites as well, well until my mom started singing it! :) She was living in Monterey when John met his end. Such a tragedy. I wasn't born yet.

We have not been to WV yet but it is certainly on the agenda!

Mom says "thanks very much for the complement!

Best,
Koty Bear

SkyNymph said...

Namaste' Koty and Kinsey! what a great blog I had to laugh about you singing Kinsey, I am sure it soudned like angels to Koty though :0) Koty looks soooo handsome I just want to reach out and kiss him!..and the falls MY GRACIOUS that is spectacular!!!!!

metta
sky