12 April 2008

More Friends Come to Call






Mom continues to try and get herself organized. I don't know what her problem is. I was settled in the minute my paws hit the ground.

The thing I missed most about our ranch was seeing all are friends. We have so many. It's a never ending parade and feast for the eyes. It would be a never ending feast for my tummy, if I had a death wish! So, I content myself with watching. :)

The big news? We were finally able to get Clementine up the mountain. I think mom felt only half way home until we could get Clem home too. Course, now there is the unloading, cleaning and what have you. I'll be supervising.

And, then there's getting the ranch equipment up an operational. So far she's got the four wheeler on line as well as the ranch truck. If she doesn't hurry up she's going to miss the open burn season which is over the end of this month. I have a feeling we may miss it this year. One of our ongoing projects is cleaning and thinning to manage our forest for it's optimum health. You should see mom out there with the chainsaw. She even splits our fire would by hand. Usually about five cords worth.

One of the many great things about our place is that when the workday is done we as often as not have a sunset like this one to relax with. Man it is good to be home!

©Kinsey Barnard Photography

2 comments:

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

Love the pictures and it sounds just beautiful.

Itaya Art said...

Oh My! Such a lovely sunset!
I envy your view of sunsets as we are surrounded by trees and don't get to see such sweeping vistas as this. :)

Beautiful photos!

Itaya