09 October 2013

FALL MAKES ME FRISKY

Fall is clearly in the air. The aspens and cottonwoods are showing color. I am full of mischief! Must be the cool air.

Kinsey continues to work like a madwoman. Saw, saw, saw. Chop, chop, chop! She's busier than any beaver. I continue my supervisory duties. When not supervising I busy myself chasing squirrels which I have no chance of catching. But, they chirp and I chase.

Speaking of squirrels, they may be busier than Kinsey. If the amount of pine cone workings I see is any indication this is going to be a bigger than normal winter.

Kinsey continues to wonder if I will ever leave puppy hood behind, personally, I have my doubts. It's just too much fun to steal things I shouldn't and chew things I know aren't meant to be chewed. In three days I will be eleven months old so one year is right around the corner. Some days I drive her to distraction and she can be heard mumbling "I'm going to give you to someone who lives in an apartment and works all day. See how you like that!" It does give me a wee moment of pause. But, I know this is an idle threat, she loves me too much. Could you imagine?!

In order to keep her off balance I do things every now and again that make her so proud. For example; the other day a friend came to lunch. We were just coming in from working in the woods as the guest arrived. We both jumped out of Mr. Toad to go and greet her. Naturally, I go there first. Then Kinsey ask me to go back and get the Frisbee. We take a Frisbee along when we work so Kinsey can toss it whilst she works. You'd think I would be plenty occupied by the woods but no I still like to chase my Frisbee.

Anyway, Kinsey says, in off hand way, "Go get the Frisbee out of the car" and returns to greeting her friend. I trot off to the Toad way over in the shed, retrieve it and bring it back to her. Now see, it's things like this that keep me out of that apartment. I'm no dummy. I give her just enough to keep her in love with me. The rest of the time I delight in driving her nuts!

©Kinsey Barnard

Me in Shadow, our little tow car. Noticed how the thing I'm resting on is crooked. I chewed the string that holds it up off so I could stick my head out. Aren't I clever?!

See, even when I'm bad Kinsey can't resist me! Cuz I'm just so cute!

Up periscope. I always like to keep an ear out so as not to miss anything.


No comments: