20 January 2008

BLACKIES PASTURE







Well, I'm getting way behind here. We've been awfully busy.

We did make it back to Blackies Pasture. Blackie was an old cavalry horse that lived his days out in a pasture along 131 on the way to Tiburon. He was without a doubt the most sway backed horse I've ever seen but was clearly beloved by the people. The citizens have made quite a memorial too him as well as a great place to get out for some exercise and fresh air.

You can walk all the way to Tiburon following along the shore of Richardson Bay. There are many kinds of birds to be seen and birders would enjoy the walk it only for that reason. I have included photos of a mallard pair and a snowy egret.

You'll also see funny things. As part of one persons landscaping I saw what looked like the little guy from Travelocity!

We continue to be impressed with what a great job the people of Marin have done integrating themselves with nature. If I had to live in an urban area this sure would be a place where I could live..

© Kinsey Barnard

No comments: