28 August 2014

Dickey Lake

On our way down to the Flathead we stopped in at Dickey Lake. Dickey is one of Kinsey's favorites because of the color of the water.  It is very gorgeous. They say the color comes from glacial waters. If I didn't know I was in Montana I'd think I was in the tropics.


Dickey Lake

The wind was kicking up a bit. When it's totally calm it's even more beautiful as the light refracts off the water. This is a great kayaking lake too. The water is crystal clear.

Crystal clear water at Dickey Lake

The shoreline goes from primitive to developed. Since the Canadian dollar has gained so much strength against the US dollar Canadians have invaded the place building great big homes on the shore. Oh, well, nothing lasts forever.

Canadian invader

We spied this interesting outfit on the south end of the lake. The south end is a known nesting spot for loons so this guy is either doing research or something very illegal. You can't see it, cuz the photos so small, but there's a golden lab on board.

Squatter on Dickey Lake
I wish Kinsey would figure out some way to take me along with her when she kayaks. Her kayak is to small for the both of us and she can't get a bigger one because she couldn't handle it alone. Maybe she could figure out something to tow? It would have to be fairly stable cuz I'm still no fan of swimming.

If any of my readers has an idea about how I can go kayaking too please let me know and I'll pass it along to Kinsey. I would be forever in your debt.

Ciao for now!
Molly Montana

©Kinsey Barnard

No comments: