07 August 2007

Trip to Southwestern Montana July 2007


Hi My name is Lakota Sunrise. Koty Bear to my friends.

I am a Siberian Husky.

The last week of July my mom and I made a safari down to the Dillon area. Mom wanted to check out the ghost towns and whatever else we could find. We visited the ghost towns of Brannack, Nevada City & Virginia City. The coolest thing was they let me in everywhere. If you are a dog Montana is the place to be. I kid you not. I never got stuck in the car once.

But, of course, my favorite was the time on the trail. We spent a couple of days hiking in the Beaverhead National Forest. Naturally, our progress was constantly interrupted by my mom wanting to photograph this or that.

We took this great scenic drive through Beaverhead and stopped at this place called Crystal Park. Naturally, mom had gone off with out her maps and stuff so we just pulled in thinking it was maybe a nice park to take a hike. Well, we get started on the trail and start seeing these big holes. They looked like somebody had bombed holes in the place. It looked like a digging dogs (that would be me) idea of heaven. We came across a couple of ladies digging in a hole. Mom stopped and asked what they were doing. It turned out the Crystal in Crystal Park really meant what it said people were digging like respectable huskies looking for crystals!

We didn't get very much in the way of wildlife on this trip. Did get a beaver at Clark Canyon Reservoir and a Yellow Head Blackbird. But, got completely skunked at Rock Lakes National Wildlife Refuge.

That's pretty much it for this trip.


Lakota Sunrise passed away in February 2013. Molly Montana is now looking after me so I have turned this blog over to her good keeping

©Kinsey Barnard


2 comments:

Lemon said...

WOW!! Great photos!! I found your website kotybear.com and LOVED your pictures. Koty is beautiful.

Susan C said...

It is wonderful to see where you two have been and thanks for sharing the beautiful photos. Your mom really knows how to make the camera show the things most of us only hope to see.