03 February 2008

HELLO NORMA JEAN!






We started the day out at Castroville. Castroville is a small Central Coast town known as the artichoke capital of the world. And, believe it or not, Marilyn Monroe was the first artichoke "queen". Now there was a real honor! Obviously, this was all way before my time but that's what mom told me. That cool sign there was right along the road at a produce stand and depicts workers bringing in the artichoke harvest. Very well done I think.

We wandered up and down PCH between Moss Landing and Watsonville for half the day. Mom has developed, in addition to a wave thing, a bird thing. As you can see from the photos she got some pelicans, mallards and something I've never heard of before, a marbled godwit. I wonder if that's like some kind of a twit? But who cares. I mean, she uses a telephoto lens and I can't get anywhere near them. Boring. Boring Boring!

Hmmm, I wonder if this attitude of mine is the reason I keep seeing all these signs everywhere with a dog in a circle with a big red slash through it! I do seem to be spending a lot of time in the back seat!

More interesting was that big bunch of harbor seals lolly gagging on the beach. Unfortunately, there was no way to get very close to them even for a photo.

After spending half the day hunting for photographs I finally talked my mom into a walk on the beach. I even got her to leave her blasted camera behind. When she's carrying the dumb thing my forward progress is interrupted every two seconds. A guy hardly can get any kind of walk at all! Anyway, we had a really great time.

Check this out: Press Release

©Kinsey Barnard Photography

No comments: