14 August 2010

Butterflies Are Free

Butterflies ARE free as are most things that have true beauty and meaning. Too bad we have become such a materialistic society because I think most people miss the really special things in their mindless pursuit of meaningless things.

Anyway, I thought I'd post a selection of butterfly images because butterflies are such beautiful creatures.


I'm not certain the specie of this little beauty sitting on wild daisies.



You're on your own with this one too as I don't have time this morning to get the ident.


This one I know, Tiger-Swallowtail as are the next two.





I was just fooling around with this one making almost but not quite a black and white.



This last photo I found whilst cleaning out a closet. Not a thing a beauty and about thirty five years old. It's a photo of moi competing in a bareback equitation class circa 1965.


If anyone wants to jump in with the names of the butterflies please feel free to do so or just enjoy their beauty without putting a label on them.

©Kinsey Barnard Photography

1 comment:

Heather said...

Those first two, I have never seen those before, very beautiful. Love the Swallowtails!

Very cool pic of you, look so natural on the horse.