22 October 2010

Arches National Park, Utah

“Arches National Park contains the world's largest concentration of natural stone arches. This National Park is a red, arid desert, punctuated with oddly eroded sandstone forms such as fins, pinnacles, spires, balanced rocks, and arches. The 73,000-acre region has over 2,000 of these "miracles of nature."   Utah.com

As I’ve mentioned, frequently, US national parks are not my favorite. Not because they aren’t beautiful and incredibly photogenic but because my dog Lakota isn’t able to hike with me. Lakota is my best and most devoted friend and I refuse to put other priorities ahead of him.

Many of the most famous photo op locations are down trails where Lakota isn’t allowed. I don’t mind really because there are plenty of landscapes and other interesting things close to the roads to photograph so I focus (pardon the pun) on those.  Some might consider this a handicap but frankly, some really interesting stuff gets overlooked because it doesn’t have a name or found on a tour map. And, let’s be honest, the famous stuff has been photographed ad nauseum. Oddly enough, this situation has proved to be a blessing in disguise.




What follow a few of my favorite photos of Arches National Park in Utah.






 






You can see the entire gallery at my website:  ARCHES NATIONAL PARK



©Kinsey Barnard Outdoor Photograpy

No comments: