26 June 2014

Little Northfor Falls - Kootenai National Forest - Montana

Monday we took a friend to see the Little Northfork Falls. This time of year the falls are really falling. Later in the year this will be but a trickle.


 
LITTLE NORTHFORK FALLS
Little Northfork Falls is in the Kootenai National Forest in Montana and it a contributory to Big Creek and Lake Koocanusa.

It isn't often that Kinsey and I end up in the same photo because we usually travel by ourselves and, well, whose gonna take the picture?

KINSEY & MOLLY MONTANA AT LITTLE NORTHFORK FALLS

HERE I AM PROBABLY GETTING A LECTURE OF SOME SORT
This next photo is kind of crazy. It's of a bunch of butterflies in some sort of a frenzy over I really can't say what. I can say that I checked it out thoroughly scattering the butterflies to the far corners of the forest.

MONARCH BUTTERFLIES IN A CRAZY CLUMP
We picnicked down along Big Creek and took a walk deep into the forest. This forest is very much like a rain forest, humid with lots of cedars and ferns. Also very pleasant on a warm summer day.

I don't know when Kinsey took this photo but I sure wish she would wash my face before she does these things.

WOULD HAVE BEEN A NICE PICTURE EXCEPT FOR THE GOOBER
I'm toiling away writing up Day 6 of our trip to St. Mary and the Blackfeet Reservation. You won't want to miss it. Day 6 was the most exciting day of our whole trip!

Ciao for now!

MOLLY MONTANA

©Kinsey Barnard

5 comments:

Rilly said...

Beautiful photos as always but adore the one of you and Kinsey. What a wonderful life you two lead.

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

God bless you. Meet me Upstairs in Seventh-Heaven. We gotta lotta tok about.

Walker said...

Rilly:

We surely do live a wonderful life and don't think we take it for granted one minute.

judyb said...

Molly,
What a wonderful place this is - such beautiful country! It looks like you're having fun, keep those stories coming!

Walker said...

I'll do my best Judy. I have to always be after Kinsey to take me somewhere fun. She has a tendency to get all wound up in here work here at the ranch. NOw thank I think about it good thing she has me. I keep her better balanced.