01 December 2007

Snow, Lions, Tigers & Pelicans







Well, wow, it was snowing this morning in Florence. Can you imagine that? And, right now it is raining like crazy and Clementine is back to rocking and rolling! We are warm and cozy though as mom finally wised up and got us a little space heater.

Today we took a really long walk down the beach at North Jetty. We went until we came to a creek we couldn't ford without getting real wet. On the way back it started to rain and we got drenched again!

Yesterday we went down to a place called Bandon where there is a petting zoo. Naturally, I wasn't allowed in. I could tell, by my nose, though there were a lot of guys I woulda liked to have mixed it up with in there.

Mom said it was kinda sad to see those beautiful animals in such small enclosures. She said you could see it in their eyes how sad they were. I suppose it beats getting shot by poachers but boy am I glad I can be free.

After the petting zoo we went over to Shore Acres and Sunset Beach. Boy that's a really pretty place. Mom wants to go back there after this storm goes through cuz she thinks the waves there will be fantastic! Also, down there was another lighthouse called Cape Arago Lighthouse.

Until next time ....
LAKOTA SUNRISE

©Kinsey Barnard

No comments: