08 May 2010

Big Creek Montana - 05-06-10

Strange stuff going on with this blog site. For some reason the latest post doesn't show up just the title and you have to click on "read more". Have no idea why this is maybe it's a format change. I dunno.

Koty and I took a wander over to Big Creek in the West Kootenai on the west side of Lake Koocanusa. Big Creek drains into the Koocanusa from the Purcells.

Lake Koocanusa 05-06-10

The area is a known hang out for grizzlies and black bears. We didn't see any bear signs let alone bears.



The creek was running pretty good the following are three shots that may give you an idea of what it was looking like.

Big Creek 05-06-10

 
Big Creek 05-06-10

Big Creek 05-06-10

The main thing that distinguishes the west side forest from the east side is the presence of cedars. I find cedars to be extremely elegant trees and delight in the fact that I have three at my ranch.

Cedar Frond by Kinsey Barnard
Cedar Frond by Kinsey Barnard


I also found this boulder with cedar needles lying on it that I thought was a work of art. I don't think a landscape designer could do better.

Forest Decoration by Kinsey Barnard
Forest Decoration by Kinsey Barnard


As always, Koty had a great time. I spent much of my time trying to drag him away form digging for squirrels. Siberians are diggers by nature and when they find something to dig for their determination is without equal.

Koty with Head in a Hole

This last shot is of Big Creek in slow motion. I always like these shots. I think it gives one a different perception.

Big Creek 05-06-10

So there you have it. The creeks, they are a rising.

©Kinsey Barnard Photography 
^
^

No comments: