06 February 2011

My Week in Pictures

Believe it or not, I've run out of hot air so I thought I just show my week in photos.

Mother Nature is certainly a big tease. One minute it's 50 degrees and we're thinkin' yippee and the next it's 20 below!

It was colder than a well diggers butt early in the week and folks down in the valley really got socked to -20 and below. I never got below -2 but that's because I live in an awesome micro climate on the side of a mountain, warm in winter, cool in summer. I had no idea about that when I bought the place. Just another thing that makes it my heaven on earth.

When it gets really cold beautiful ice crystals form on the surface of my house pond. To me they look like ice flowers.

Ice Cyrstals on the Pond

Ice Crystals

Poor Clementine, she has to stand out in it all winter.

Clementine

Down in the meadow this little squirrel popped out of his hidey hole to take a look around. It always touches me when I think how tiny these creatures are compared to the world that surrounds them.

Squirrel

The best thing about the week, if there was a best thing, it was all good, were the sunsets. Below are a few of them. Just awesome.

Sunset

Sunset

Sunset

We took a hike over to the Canadian Border and the Canadian Rockies were awesome to see. Lucky me, all I have to do is hike a couple of miles through the forest to see them in all their glory.

Canadian Rockies as Seen From Montana

This is just a little snowscape. I love the eerie feeling. It looks like a black and white photo but it's not.

Snowscape

This would be me sitting on my patookie resting my carcass and drinking in all the beauty that surrounds me.

My Left Foot

Hope you all had a great week too!

©Kinsey Barnard

No comments: