07 April 2008

Eureka! I'm Home!







Well, we made it! We are home at last after five months on the road. Poor Clementine isn't here though because she can't make it up the mountain yet. Too much ice and snow still on the road.

It is so good to be home! It's so beautiful and peaceful. As you can see from the photos, some of our friends came calling as soon as they saw we were home. These pictures were taken right from the deck.

Tigger our indoor/outdoor cat was on hand to greet us. Mom had to give me a little refresher course on the part about Tigger being one of our pack and not to be eaten. I caught on pretty quick when mom showed me her whip! :)

Thanks to our good friends Susan and Gary we were able to stash Clementine at their house. Shadow was able to make it up the road cuz she has front wheel drive. She spun out some but we got there. The battery in the 4x4 was deader than a doornail so a call to AAA got that fixed fast enough. When we started up the well the feeder hose to the hot water heater sprung a leak. A call to the plumber got that fixed too. A fire in the wood stove got the house warm and toasty in no time and all is now right with the world!

Our good friends and neighbors Doug and JoanAnn looked after the place for us while we were away. They made sure Tigger had plenty to eat. From the looks of her they really did a spectacular job at that! And they made sure the house maintained a proper temperature. I know that they gave mom a lot of peace of mind. You really can't put a price on good neighbors. If you could we would be millionaires!

This morning it snowed another few inches but if the Weather Channel knows anything spring is right around the corner. Personally, I love it that there is still snow. There's a reason they call us Snow Doggies!

©Kinsey Barnard Photography

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how exciting to see the pictures! Sunny here and in the seventies. I wish I were where it snows. I laughed when you said your Mom gave you a little lesson again on how the cat is one of your pack and not to be eaten. *smile* My gosh, it looks so beautiful there. I bet you enjoy the snow.
Tell your Mom Earl and I said hello!
Christine

Michelle B. Hendry said...

Oh my gosh - this is where you live??? It's stunning! These are some of my favourite photos.... Spring is finally peeking here. I can see grass!!

kinsey said...

Michelle:

We are truly blessed. I feel this place is as close to heaven as I'm likely to get.