30 October 2008

Dillon, MT to Ogden, UT Pineview Reservoir- Day 2

It didn't get anywhere near freezing in the night. Something of a surprise. We got up early and were on the road by 8:00am. At this time of year all there is for light is the morning glow. I must say that from the junction of US 90 and Interstate 15 (about 65 miles north of Dillon) to Idaho Falls the road is straight and pretty boring. So, I put Clem on cruise control and let Koty drive. I took a nap. Nobody seemed to notice.

We made pretty good time. Pulled into Ogden just after two. It occurred to me that maybe we should spend two nights instead of just over nighting. I've never actually stopped and looked at the Great Salt Lake and we are about a week ahead of schedule so as long as the weather is holding might as well dawdle.





The weather surely is holding. It was around 70 when we arrived. After getting everything setup and a snack we needed to stretch our legs a little so we drove out to Pineview Reservoir. Not all that picturesque but easy to get to and a good trail along the reservoir. To get there you drive through a narrow, windy canyon, Ogden Canyon, along the Ogden River. There would have been some great photo ops except for there was no place to pullover. I hate it when that happens.



Koty could care less whether or not where we go is photogenic. As long as he's on the move he's happy. He's off his feed again. This always happens when we take off and I always worry until he adjusts and starts eating. The boy has a fussy gut.





All along the trail were these plants that had gone to seed. I don't know what they are but I suspect some kind of thistle. I thought they were quite intriguing, in a very natural way, so I had to try a few shots. I really love to photograph plants. They are such intricate works of art.



I also enjoy shooting lines and contrast. Along our path we came across a boat club and these empty boat slips. Everybody gone home for the winter.

As they day started to dim we headed home. A pasta dinner for me and a boycott for Koty. One thing I don't much care for about these RV parks is their proximity to freeways. Gads what a racket! I woke at 2:00 am when the shower started to leak. Drop. Drop. Drop. It seems to be leaking behind the faucet so all I could do was go outside and turn off the water. I love Clem but boy they sure put chintzy plumbing in her. I've already had to replace both sink faucets for leaking. Needless to say they weren't replaced with Winnebago parts.

Ciao for now,
Koty & Kinsey

3 comments:

faith laughin' said...

What a pleasure to be riding along with you. I know the route and I can picture the soft light of autumn. Oh how I love road trips!

Michelle B. Hendry said...

Koty is a lucky dog!!
Beautiful pics, as usual...

Azure Accessories said...

Great photos as usual...I do enjoy an interesting road trip myself...don't take as many as I would like, work etc gets in the way! :0)
Cheers