21 January 2014

A True Story-It happened on Linkedin

Today I turn the blog over to Kinsey as she has an amusing/strange story she wants to tell.

Kinsey here and my thanks to madam Molly for yielding the floor.

A couple of days ago I got and e-mail from Linkedin advising one Yingluck Shinawatra wished to connect with me. If the person is unknown to me, as was Yingluck, I always check the profile of the person making the request to see if we have connections in common. Imagine my surprise when I found that Yingluck Shinawatra is the Prime Minister of Thailand.

I can tell you that I have some very interesting and well known patrons. So, whilst it was a surprise it wasn't unheard of. Naturally, I was flattered. But, I'm always flattered when anyone expresses an interest in me and my work.  I also Googled Yingluck to see if she really was the Prime Minister of Thailand. Sure enough she is but maybe not for long.

I always try to show my appreciation by sending a thank you note to the person wishing to connect. I sent such a note to Yingluck Shinawatra. It wasn't an hour later that I got a rather frantic reply. "Did I ask to connect with you?" "Who are you anyway?". Ooops, there must have been some kind of glitch at Linkedin. I replied and Yingluck promptly disconnected from our budding relationship.

What is so amusing to me is that Yingluck Shinawatra's government is currently under siege and could very well topple. What the heck was she doing on Linkedin? Already sending out job feelers? I don't know about you but if the infidels were storming my palace gates I think I'd have more important things to do than be on Linkedin. She'd better get busy because she had fewer than 200 connections. Not to be boastful but I have over a thousand. I know. I know. It's quality not quantity.

Here is a BBC article from today with the latest on the situation. "Thailand Imposes a State of Emergency"

I don't know the first thing about Yingluck Shinawatra, her government or her policies. She is a public figure and we are not friends. My conscious is clear in telling this tale. As a matter of principle I always wish everyone well and that goes for her too.

Be sure and check out Kinsey's new blog The Liberated Photographer She specializes in true stories.

©Kinsey Barnard






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just recieved a request from her too. Must be fake or someobe hacked her account.

Unknown said...

Same thing happened with me just 2 days before, she sent me a connection request on LinkedIn when i accept it . after few hours she sent me a message that she want to start a project in my country and she is interested to live talk with me on yahoo and Skype.....i am shocked.

Walker said...

Very strange. One would think she would have other things on her mind.