23 February 2008

GILROY, COYOTE LAKE & HARVEY BEAR RANCH






We have departed from Morro Bay. I was sorry to go. I really liked that place. But, we are headed north again and I like that idea.

Mom said she had to get her tax stuff done so we went up the road to Gilroy. Gilroy is known for two things, being the garlic capital of the world and shopping. I have never seen so many stores in all my life, acres and acres of them. We aren't big on shopping but we did walk around all the shops and stopped in at Pet Smart so I could do a little looking. I chose this thing that looked like a salami. Thank heavens, I actually liked it when I got a chance to eat some. Mom gets annoyed when I beg for something and then turn up my nose when I get it.

We have found one pretty cool place. A Santa Clara County Park called Harvey Bear Ranch. There are lots of trails and dogs are allowed so we walked all over it. The main feature is Coyote Lake. It's not a particularly pretty lake but it is a pretty park. Rolling hills with beautiful old oak trees. California has had more rain this year than in the past several and the hills are already starting to turn green. Very beautiful.

Other than walking in this park there isn't much to tell. I hang around waiting for the next walk and mom sits at the dinette with here nose in her files. I believe I've heard her mumble some words I know I'm not supposed to use. Clementine looks like a hurricane hit her. Papers and stuff strewn from bumper to bumper. I'll be glad when this is over!

©Kinsey Barnard Photography

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once again, your photos are beautiful.