28 February 2008

SEA LIONS, CRESCENT CITY & SUNSETS






Well, we have been really making the rounds. Just about everyday we have spent some time at the harbor. There are lots of sea lions hanging around and mom has been having a lot of fun photographing those big boys.

We took a drive up 199 toward Grants Pass, along the Smith River. The Smith River is really very pretty. It's big and the water runs emerald green. Our timing wasn't too good for the light so we didn't get any of the really pretty green stuff to show you. We went as far as Patrick Creek. This is a very pretty creek and we hiked up it for a couple of miles. It was a great walk. We could have driven it but mom likes to walk and so do I. You see more that way.

Along the way was a botanical trail that led to our old friend the Darlingtonia. Quite a big patch of them. They were red rather than green like the ones in Oregon. I reckon it must be the winter or something. Probably a lot colder here. They are cool looking plants green or red.

Sunsets around have been pretty good. We've been out almost every evening trying to capture them.

Although Crescent City is kind of a depressed area it is surrounded by really beautiful natural scenery. I'd recommend this place for a visit any time.

Kinsey Barnard

2 comments:

SkyNymph said...

Namaste' Kinsey and Koty Bear.
What can I say sea lions, sunsets, and streams OH MY! seriously though I have never met a sea lion I have a great fondness for them, they make me laugh and smile when I see them, that's a good thing :0)

And that sunset? wow if I had a crystal glass full of sparkling cranberry apple juice I would toast it's magnificence. Most likely had I been there I would have graciously bowed in humble honor of it's presence.

metta
sky
http://awolfadventure.blogspot.com

Michelle B. Hendry said...

Your images never cease to amaze me! The sea lions are fantastic. The great adventure you are on....