05 July 2008

I'm Too Sexy For My Shirt!


Dang! I am good looking aren't I? :) And, what a week I had winning the Arte de Pico Award I have no idea what it means but it must be a good thing right?! And, many thanks to those of you who offered congratulations.



So, what did we do this week? Oh, yeah, we went to Whitefish and Kalispell to do a little shopping. No shops in Eureka. The above is the best shot of a moose mom ever got! Don't tell her I said so. This one is outside our favorite outdoor store.


On the way home we stopped for a stroll along the Whitefish River which runs right through Whitefish and has lots of ducks floating around. They have great walking paths along the river.



On Wednesday we had a gully washer of a storm. Like everything else this spring the monsoon arrived late too. There was thunder and lightening like you couldn't imagine, rattled the windows. I don't like that stuff! I hid out in the house whilst mom tried to save the driveway. But, the rain came down so hard and so fast there was no saving it. When she came back in she looked like a drowned rat. Nice try mom. Better luck next time!



Thursday we went down to Dickey Lake. It's one of the more beautiful ones around here. The water has that rock flour stuff from the glaciers and it makes the water the most beautiful shades of blue. The lake is half private and half public. This house was built by some folks from Alberta. Lots of Canadians around here these days what with the tar sands and the very strong Loonie. Must be lots of money in that sand!



And, here's my favorite photo of the week. Some people say I have an over active imagination but this looks to me like a fuzzy headed, green monster munching on it's lunch whilst a little grouse hen looks on. She had better be careful. She just might be on the menu for desert!

Green monsters are cool! Thunder and lightening I have no use for. I sure hope that's the last of that!

Well, that was our week. Hope yours was great too!

©Kinsey Barnard Photography

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Still chuckling over your "monster picture". You have such a terrific imagination and eye for the unique. :) LOVE the mallard picture, too.

Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

Yep. Obviously a fuzzy-headed green monster munching his lunch while a little grouse hen looks on.

Azure Accessories said...

What a life you have...and yes you are "too sexy for your shirt"

Great photos...as usual!

Cheers

Stacey Olson said...

Hello , Great sexy picture,,I found it quite humorous that you just happened to stop by my blog again today when I brought back an OLD post that you had already seen and commented on months ago. This picture must call to you.. LOL.. We had two bad gully washers here in Wyo last week. Husband and well drillers are trying to undo the damage as I type.. Best if I stay out of it.. Keeping my puppies indoors till they are gone.. Thanks again for stopping by..

christine said...

that indeed does look like a monster with a little hen. i can clearly see it, in all seriousness.
congratulations on the award! looks quite snazzy and you sure deserve it. ;)