21 October 2010

Raggedy Ann Scarecrow

One of the things I truly get a kick out of whilst photographing on the road are the many creative things I see literally on the road. People in rural areas seem to be particularly creative. Maybe when you don't have so many distractions, as city folk do, ones mind provides its own entertainment?

I think this Raggedy Ann (I just made that up) Scarecrow is just adorable. It looks like a Raggedy Ann doll to me. But, someone told me they thought it was scary.  Which only goes to show we all see things very differently. I think that's the reason we have so many misunderstandings in life. One person clearly sees one thing and another sees it entirely differently. Then each acts on his own perception and all heck breaks loose.




To me this is real Americana.


No comments: