11 November 2012

THE MEDICAL IMPLICATIONS OF THE NUCLEAR AGE

Up until the Fukushima incident I was pretty ambivalent  about nuclear power. Since Fukushima I have become rabidly against it. I have no particular scientific expertise in the subject. But, I have been blessed with an independent spirit and common sense. And my common sense says nuclear energy should be banned.

Before Fukushima I avoided x-rays like the plague, no dentist x-rays, no mammograms and no airports. Since Fukushima no fish.  And since watching this video, The Medical Implications of Fukushima, Chernobyl and the Nuclear Age this morning, no more Hershey's chocolate.

I highly recommend you watch this video. Dr. Helen Caldicot does an excellent job of telling it like it is with respect to nuclear energy and it's ramifications. It's some pretty scary stuff and you will need to set aside an hour to watch it all. This lecture makes it abundantly clear the fallout from Fukushima is under-reported and that our very existence hangs by a thread, not merely because of Fukushima but because of all the reactors and weapons out there.

Just out of curiosity I Googled to find a map of all the nuclear reactors in the United States    also some very scary stuff. I didn't realize there were so many.

Makes me wonder if all the hooptie-do about global warming isn't just misdirection. If you believe Dr. Caldicot, and I do,  will be damned lucky to survive long enough to have it become a problem.

©Kinsey Barnard

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It really is an issue that needs to be addressed. We just need cleaner forms of energy to be more available to the public and slowly shut down and do away with the nuclear power plants.