24 July 2011

Just Playing Around

Sunday July 24, 2011

Been out chopping wood all morning. Quite the aerobic workout that. And, I'm so very far behind because of the solar project having taken up much time. The other problem is most of my wood is spruce and it is the nastiest wood in the world to split and I do it with a maul. Whack! Whack! Whack! When I get a chance to split some fir or larch it's like heaven.

Right now the solar array is putting out a great amount of power so I'm washing and drying. Dryers take an inordinate amount of watts, around 4,500. When I hooked the system up my local electric co-op didn't have the correct meter necessary for me to switch over to net metering so their getting my watts for free! I'm gonna use all the power Mother Nature can give me until they get that meter on! Buggers!

I'm really beyond pleased with what the system is putting out. But, there is so much to learn and it will take time.

Meanwhile, I BBQ a lovely New York steak and play. Yes, I eat meat. No, I don't like what has happened to the slaughter system.  I do believe it has become mercenary and inhumane. But, I believe we evolved as meat eaters. I crave meat. I eat meat because that's what my body asks for. I only eat it when it is asked for. I always listen to my body. Maybe that's why I have never been in a hospital and have never taken any pharmaceutical drugs?

And, BTW, if you are interested in really good beef, try Costco. Since it's tough to find a butcher anymore they are they best alternative. The trick is to let it age in your refrigerator before cooking or freezing.

Hope your day is as good as mine!

©Kinsey Barnard

No comments: