20 March 2013

I MADE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT!

Well, this is news. I finally made it through the night without having to go out. This is great news for Kinsey especially since it is the first night in six months she has been able to sleep through the night without interruption. Before I showed up she was having to get up several times in the night to let Uncle Koty out. Koty had Cushing's Disease and couldn't hold his water. Boy, did I get a ton of kisses and good girls. The antibiotics seem to be working real good on my infection.

I have decided to refer to Lakota as Uncle Koty. It looks like I am going to be mentioning him a lot. He seems to be everywhere we go and Kinsey tells me much about him. I can tell her heart is still broken from his passing. I'm not jealous or envious. Because I know that if she loves me only half as much as she loved him I will be the luckiest dog in the whole wide world. She loves me already. I can tell.

Yesterday we hiked way up the Blacktail Trail. On the way Kinsey showed me where Koty died. She has memorialized the spot with a little rock pile. No one but us will ever know what it is.

I distinguished myself on the retractable leash. I've got that down pretty good. I've made mental note of how far out it goes and can gauge pretty good when I'm getting to the end so I can slow down. If I'm getting a little excited and look like I'm going to forget myself Kinsey calls out "Be careful" and I come to my senses and stop before I hit the end. Every now and again I just sit down and wait for her to catch up. That seems to please her so I'll keep that up.

Kinsey bot a whistle for long range recalls. I got it right off the bat and came running the first time she used it. That got me fresh cooked chicken! I spend a lot of time trying to figure out what she wants because when I do I get the best darned treats. Kinsey says we have a lot in common when it comes to food. We both live to eat. Uncle Koty was just the opposite. He ate to live.

We seem to really be hitting our stride and life just keeps getting better and better. I am a very happy puppy.

©Kinsey Barnard

Just discovered Timmy's bed. It's not looking like Timmy will ever make it back home.





1 comment:

Samuel Savard said...

Congrats on your first over night! Good girl!