23 November 2013

WINTER COMES EARLY TO NW MONTANA

Well, we are no longer up to our butts in snow but it is colder than a well diggers behind. We have been down in the low teens for several nights now. The days never above freezing.

Personally, I don't really mind it. I jump in the ponds and the creeks without a care. I'm not jumping in the ponds at the moment because they are frozen solid. This is a new experience for me, the frozen ponds. Don't know quite what to make of it. Kinsey encourages me to stay off. She probably wouldn't want to rescue me if I got on a weak spot and fell through.

For now we are sticking close to home. Hunting season will be over in about a week and then we will take some walks up the mountain. I look forward to that. By then we probably won't have to worry about the bears. They should be getting cozy in their winter spots. Of course, now the mountain lions are really on the prowl. They pounce on the gut piles the hunters leave.

Kinsey got here first image for the 2013-14 winter season to put in her THE BEAUTY OF ICE collection it is called "WINTER NOSEGAY".  She was very excited about it. For her it's like bagging a bull elk. What the heck is a nosegay anyway?!

More importantly, she got some new shots of me!

I love this dumbbell but I have almost destroyed it. Wish I could find a new one.

That's me with my happy face.

This was taken before the pond got frozen.

Me with my favorite dumbbell again. If anyone knows where I can get a new one please let me know.


Lakota Sunrise passed away in February 2013. Molly Montana is now looking after me so I have turned this blog over to her good keeping
©Kinsey Barnard

No comments: