20 May 2014

Oh Gawd Not Another Blog Kinsey Starts Liberated Photographer Blog

About three weeks ago Kinsey got the bright idea to start another of these blogs theliberatedphotographer.com. Woe is me. When she starts one of these new projects she's like a woman possessed and I get dispossessed.

This time she's decided to go with something called WordPress which means she's got a ton of new stuff to figure out. The thing that's really got her in a tizzy is something called SEO. Supposedly SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. I think it really stands for Sanity Exits Office.

I heard her talking to a guy yesterday about keywords. I don't know exactly what those are but I thought Kinsey was going to blow a gasket when the guy told her she needed to put like 40 of them in a 1,000 word article. See, Kinsey really puts a lot of effort into writing good articles and now this guy was telling her that in order for anyone to find them and read them she had to bastardize her writing by inserting words that serve no other purpose than to make search engines happy.

To add insult to injury she's having a heck of a time even figuring out relevant keywords to describe the blog. I'm thinking the internet isn't geared for unique. I'm afraid Kinsey will drive herself nuts trying to figure out how to put her square peg self into a round hole internet. It won't make my life any bed of roses either.

She wrote her own article this week about some of the frustrations she's been experiencing Adventures in Blogging.

The sad thing is the old girl has a lot of interesting stuff to share about her life and photography but I'm afraid very few people are ever going to get to read it because she isn't going to wreck her writing so that it can be found. If no one reads the blog, because they never find it, I'm not sure how long she'll be able to keep it up. What a conundrum. Pretty slick I even know that word right? But, please do remember Australian Shepherds are the most intelligent dogs on the planet.

Anyway, dear readers, you'd be doing me a great favor if you would check out her new blog The Liberated Photographer and if you agree it's pretty good stuff share it with others you think might like it too. It's the only way the blog will ever find an audience. Kinsey will never sell out her standards.

In other news something funny happened this week. I thought it was funny anyway. While large parts of the country struggle with drought (that's not the funny part) we are drowning in the stuff. So much water is bubbling out of our springs we're having trouble with the pond drain getting clogged up. The only way for Kinsey to clear it is to go out in a kayak.

The pond in the fall

The other afternoon she was out on the pond when a mountain squall developed. These things come real fast. There was thunder and lightening to beat the band. Then it started to hail the size of marbles. There was Kinsey out in the middle of the pond just getting hammered. Me I ran and jumped in the Ranger. Nice and cozy I watched developments. When Kinsey got to shore she looked like a drowned rat. OK, maybe you had to be there. I thought it was hilarious.

Sorry, no fun pictures of me this time.

Don't forget to check out The Liberated Photographer.

Ya think I got The liberated Photographer in this article enough times for those engines to notice?

Ciao for now,
Molly Montana

©Kinsey Barnard


1 comment:

Unknown said...

was able to find good information from your blog posts.
traveling