25 January 2008

MONTEREY BAY & PACIFIC GROVE





Wow! We've struck the Mother Lode again!

I thought Marin was beautiful. Monterey may be even more so, if that's possible!

The drive down was pretty uneventful. We crossed over the Richmond Bridge and came down past Oakland. Mom was glad we did cuz it's a lot simpler than going across the Golden Gate Bridge.

The Marina dunes are just fantastic, pristine and colorful. I got my first good romp in them and mom got her first photographs. We were both very happy!

We went over to Pacific Grove with the idea of seeing the Monarch butterflies. We found the sanctuary but found very few butterflies. Pacific Grove is famous for this butterfly migration. I don't know where they were hiding.

More to my liking we took the walk along the bay. It goes quite a long way and is beautiful as well as interesting. There were lots of seals sunning and napping on the rocks below. They are so funny to watch as they perch on tiny rock points and seem to pose. They bark and chase one another around. They seem so very happy. I sure would have liked to join in the fun but I just hate the water. I'll go in as far as my tummy but that's it for me!

In other news. Mom has joined the 21st century and gotten herself a GPS. As much traveling around as we do I can't believe it took her so long. She chose a Garmin and the thing is amazing. It talks to us and tells us exactly when and where to go.

© Kinsey Barnard

No comments: