05 January 2008

MR. TOAD'S WILD RIDE!


We are still hiding out from the big storms here in Northern California. I think mom now has us scheduled for departure on Monday. I guess we'll just have to see how the weather holds.

Meantime, I can tell you about another adventure that we had. Mom decided to try heading south to see what we could see. Not too far south of Eureka we found The Avenue of the Giants. This is a drive that takes you through the oldest, virgin stand of redwoods in the world! That sounds like a wowser to me! Unfortunately, it was dark and dreary and mom didn't get any interesting pictures for me to show you.

Looking at the map it looked like there might be a cool loop you could make that took you through the Rockefeller Forest and eventually to a place known as the Lost Coast and then back to Ferndale and 101. Well, let me tell you. We got a lot more than we bargained for. On the little map we had picked up at the information place this loop looked like a easy little trip. What we ended up with was Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. At least that what mom called it.

Me, I'm just glad I don't get car sick cuz I've never been on such a steep and windy road in all my live long days! I mean there were so hairpin turns my fur almost curled! And some place were so steep I wondered how little Shadow was going to be able to haul us up them.

After about 2.5 hours we made it to the Lost Coast. No wonder they call it "lost". I sure thought we were! It was beautiful but I'm not sure it was worth the drive getting there. Except, if you start in Ferndale it's a lot shorter drive.










© Kinsey Barnard

PS: Read what interior designer Kristi Linauer has to say about my mom's photography! Kristi Linauer Review

No comments: