08 January 2008

SOGGY IN SAN FRANCISCO aka WHAT A DIFFERENCE 7 YEARS CAN MAKE




We finally found a hole in the clouds and made our escape from Eureka. The drive was pretty nice actually but there was a surprising amount of snow in the passes. As usual we stopped for nothing except a potty break. As it was, the trip took us five hours.

So, now we are in Marin County my mom's old stomping grounds. Wow, the people and traffic. I've not seen anything like it.

We haven't escaped the rain yet. It's been raining really hard today but they say it should clear up in a day or so. We waited for a little break and headed for Tiburon. Mom lived there, twenty years ago and wanted to see if it had changed much. It really hadn't she said. A few new condominiums down by the water and some new businesses but it was pretty much the place she remembered. She told me how she had taken the ferry to work in the city and what a lovely lifestyle it had been.

Our walk at Tiburon was all too short for my taste. But, we ran into an NBC news crew that said they were just waiting to report a big storm that was coming and would drop 2 to 4 inches. So, we decided to call it a day and wait for some sunshine. Blackies Pasture looked like a swell place for a walk. Hope we go back!

On the way home mom did a little shopping and I even got to shop at Petco. I love that store! It's "nose candy" for for dogs! :) This one had fish tanks at ground level and boy I think I nearly caught a fish! Well, I bit the glass anyway before mom realized what I was up to!

We are now back with Clementine and it is really raining. Sure looking forward to some sunshine!

© Kinsey Barnard

No comments: