11 April 2010

The Beauty in Pot Holes

.
Last post I wrote about Nature: The Ultimate Designer. Today I try and make my point with pot holes. Generally, pot holes don't bring to mind anything very positive. Visions of flat tires and wrecked suspension would be more likely. But, wait, Mother Nature can work Her magic even on a pot hole.

Saturday morning Koty and I were out early wandering down a dirt road in the Kootenai National Forest in Montana. It's still getting down below freezing here at night so everything is frozen by morning. As I walked along I glanced down at my feet and noticed these pot holes that had had standing water but were now frozen. The patterns and designs were just gorgeous. I've never gotten so excited over a pot hole! Below are four images I took which I hope will demonstrate once again that there is truly beauty everywhere if we just pay attention.

Pot Hole-3 by Kinsey Barnard
Pot Hole-3 by Kinsey Barnard


Pot Hole-1 by Kinsey Barnard
Pot Hole-1 by Kinsey Barnard


Pot Hole-2 by Kinsey Barnard
Pot Hole-2 by Kinsey Barnard


Pot Hole-4 by Kinsey Barnard
Pot Hole-4 by Kinsey Barnard


If you have time I'd appreciate knowing which of these designs you like best. Personally, I like Pot Hole-3. Which is your favorite? The pot hole number is under each image but you'll have to look hard to see it.

©Kinsey Barnard Photography

1 comment:

Linda Stoof said...

Very nice! I like number 4 the best. ^^